First I’ll explain the criteria by which to identify the best probiotics for dogs in an objective way. That said… every dog is different and may require different bacterial strains to gain the most benefits from these supplements. This means that one dog can do better on brand A, and another dog will improve more on brand B.
Criteria To Evaluate The Best Probiotics For Dogs
- More different bacterial strains, as you never know which one your dog needs the most.
- The viability of the bacteria must be evaluated.
- A Higher number of colony forming units per gram.
- YOUR results, since dogs differ from each other.
Comparison Of Different Canine Probiotics
|Total-Biotics®||Canine Dophilus™||Nutrazyme Oral Canine Paste||Fastrack® Canine Gel||Natur’s Way Daily Boost||Wysong Pet Inoculant|
|Acidophilus( DDS-1 strain)||–||–||–||–||–|
|Saccharomyces cerevisiae (yeast)||–||–||–||–|
|Pre-biotics (inulin IQ FOS)||–||–||–||–|
|Retail cost per billion CFUs||21 cents||66 cents||$10.66||66 cents||14 cents||45 cents|
Every dog is an individual and dogs’ intestinal colonization differs as well. So one dog can benefit from a product, whereas another dog gets better results from another brand.
What else is on the menu?
Handpicked related content:
- Why I put my dog on probiotics after 3 antibiotic treatments.
- Dog food enriched with dog probiotics. Is it any good?